- $0.00 Annual Salary
- Full Time
Designs and prepares meals by providing culinary expertise; promoting and providing quality food services; managing staff.
Ability to manage a three pronged business; daily school lunch program, fully functioning bakery, and white linen Mediterranean restaurant.
* Exceptional proven ability of Kitchen management, with outstanding communication and leadership skills is a must.
* knowledge of Armenian meddite food is a plus.
*Extreme focus on multi-tasking, constantly looking at the bigger picture while maintaining the minute to minute needs of each prong.
* Accomplishes culinary human resource objectives by recruiting, training, assigning, scheduling, and disciplining food production employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves culinary operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Identifying and resolving problems, determining system improvements, and finally implementing change if needed.
* Meets culinary financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; designing menus; scheduling expenditures; initiating corrective actions; evaluating time-saving production techniques.
* Develops recipes and portion specifications by understanding consumer tastes and nutritional needs. Also anticipating emerging food and dining trends; reviewing product specifications; evaluating ease of menu preparation; applying established procedures and budgetary constraints.
* Oversees food preparation by consulting with food and beverage directors; sous chefs, pastry chefs, cooks, and team leaders; overseeing portion size; controlling productivity; monitoring presentations, garnishments, and sauces. Impeccable record keeping of weekly production, and documentation of future adjustments to menus and SOPs.
* Improves menu quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses; standardizing production recipes; promoting kitchen staff interest in quality improvement; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes. Prepares menu and food preparation reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing food, dining, and customer data and trends.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation, safety, and security; reviewing and implementing accident and disaster plans.
* Maintains food ingredients, food preparation, and general supplies by selecting and purchasing menu ingredients; evaluating the quality of fresh food and food product deliveries; maintaining general supplies; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls.
* Accomplishes culinary goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Food Research, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Food Sanitation, Safety Management, Emphasizing Excellence, Vision, and focus on Quality.