- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Hollywood Bowl Food + Wine is hiring Pastry Cooks!
Hollywood Bowl Food and Wine is looking for pastry cooks to join our team for 2018 season. Morning and afternoon shifts available. Ideal candidates should have some plating and production experience in a food focused restaurant. We are willing to train the right candidates.
- Demonstrates hands on approach to all bakery products produced in the Pastry Department ensuring quality, presentation and consistency standards meet company standards.
- Ensures that all food products prepared meet the established specifications and standards.
- Ensuring maximum results are achieved and daily production needs have been met in a timely, organized and efficient manner.
- Seeks to maintain knowledge of industry trends in the world of pastry and baking.
- Ensures that a sanitary, neat, clean, organized, safe, comfortable environment for employees and guests is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is clean and in working order. Ensure that all equipment is handled safely and with reasonable care.
- follows all health, safety, sanitary rules, regulations and standards according to health department and unit policy.
Spend your summer out under the stars at the legendary Hollywood Bowl, where you’ll gain experience working for James Beard Award-winning Chef, Suzanne Goin, and the rest of her elite culinary team-- all while the most epic playlists streams LIVE in the background! This iconic venue , home to the LA Philharmonic and the new Hollywood Bowl Food & Wine program (spearheaded by Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne), is celebrated around the world, and could be your home for the summer! Join us and elevate not only your resume, but, your overall experience in the world of food and service. The team here (FOH & BOH) is comprised of people who have come back every summer for more than TEN years— supplying that feeling that your part of something BIG, something fun, inspiring and lucrative! Come earn some extra cash to supplement that summer income all while gaining experience from the best in the business- and did I mention having a blast?! If you’re interested in joining this positive, hard-working group here are a few things to look forward to:
- Flexibility: It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for part or full-time employment— if you’re talented and dedicated we’ll find a place for you. Have a night gig working the line? We have positions open for the daytime. Looking for a full-time position, day and night? We’ve got that, too!
- Working within Suzanne Goin’s network will, without a doubt, open the door to many future opportunities. She’s shaped the culinary scene here in Los Angeles and continues to influence Chefs coming on the scene everyday.
- We have an outstanding group of people with a great work ethic who are reliable and positive, just waiting to welcome you to the team. Think of it like a summer camp for adults; where the money is good and the music is GREAT.
Working at this Iconic venue allows you to be surrounded by a wide variety of entertainment.