SIGN ON BONUS* Certified Infection Prevention Nurse
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position encompasses a variety of duties essential in providing quality assurance and infection prevention processes and systems in accordance Medicare/Medicaid, DHS and Glencroft regulations and practices, and maintaining a high standard of regulatory compliance. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of Quality Assurance and Infection Prevention principles. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, resident's families, and visiting doctors. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The Certified Infection Prevention Nurse will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Provides recommendations and advice to all staff and management regarding best practices for the prevention, monitoring and control/management of resident/patient infection.
- Conducts routine review and surveillance of resident/patient infections, reports updates and treatment as required.
- Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all potential and current residents and staff.
- Responsible for driving facility quality and performance initiatives and performance improvement teams.
- Monitors facility quality and performance data including publicly reported data and initiates performance improvement teams to drive performance improvement when necessary.
- Leads root cause analysis of sentinel events and assures performance improvement plans are implemented.
- Possess the knowledge of how to collect health data in a systematic and ongoing manner, prioritizing data collection as determined by the patient’s immediate condition or needs, and involving the family. Analyses the assessment data in determining diagnoses, and utilize the nursing diagnosis to develop, implement, evaluate and revise an appropriate patient plan of care that is family centered, developmentally and age-appropriate, and culturally relevant.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of audits as requested by V P of Health Services, DON and or ADON Services to comply with state, national and Glencroft regulations and maintain quality care of systems.
- Implements interventions in the plan of care. Initiates treatments, medications, emergency and resuscitative measures based on appropriate utilization of standing orders, policies and procedures. Provides nursing care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and social-cultural needs of the patient and family utilizing a family-centered approach to care delivery.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes. Documents observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures, multi-systems monitoring data, and other data relevant to the patient’s care in a retrievable form. Provides ongoing evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of the care plan to ensure that they maintain and enhance patient outcomes that promote the delivery of cost-effective high quality healthcare.
- Participates in team conferences and staff meetings and evaluation and discipline of the RNA staff.
- Practices standard precautions and infection control measures and observes safety precautions and protocols in the performance of all duties and at all times while on facility premises.
- Demonstrates courteous and respectful verbal and physical interactions with residents, physicians, family members of resident, visitors, and other staff.
- Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident's dignity and confidentiality, providing privacy and abiding by the resident's Bill of Rights.
- Responsible for attending in-services and staff meetings, as required by facility policies and procedures.
- Takes direction from and reports to VP of Health Services, DON; performs all duties of Certified Infection Prevention Nurse competently and with a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Participates in teaching Quality Assurance/Infection prevention to other personnel, residents and/or families.
- Greets all visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, provides information and guidance.
- Must have ability to effectively utilize computer hardware and software in QAPI and abaqis related reporting and statistic generation.
- Cooperates with all state, federal and county regulatory organizations regarding infection control initiatives.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
This position requires a Certificate in Infection Preventions and prefers a current Registered Nurse state licensure. To function effectively in this position, the incumbent must possess a Nurse license and have a minimum of three year experience, preferably in a healthcare environment. The incumbent must possess excellent human relations and communication skills to provide effective working relationships, specifically to older adults. The Certified Infection Prevention Control Nurse will practice within the laws and guidelines established by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.