The Kitchen Supervisor/Cook 3 may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist with menu creation and daily specials. The position will provide supervision over preparation, flavoring and the cooking process. The Kitchen Supervisor/Cook 3 may also assist with ordering food supplies and equipment, making schedules, setting prices, organizing records and tracking cost percentages.
Assists with supervision of kitchen staff and quality of food items prepared.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Understands, follows and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds industry standards for the preparation, serving and storing food.
- Prepares meals according to recipe in a regular and consistent manner.
- Assigns duties as needed.
- Ensure that food preparation is completed for the next shift.
- Accurately completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists.
- Assists with training of kitchen Grand Performers.
- Records production and waste on a regular and consistent basis.
- Assists with accurate counting and inventory.
- Assists with scheduling if directed.
- Assists with menu creation and daily specials.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the culinary team.
- Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with guests, leadership and fellow Grand Performers.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Must be able to lead, direct, budget and schedule staff and resources.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Food handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have 2 years experience in a leadership or supervisory role in a full service kitchen.
- Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation standards and inventory and control systems.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The majority of time will be spent in kitchen. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is constantly required to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 35 pounds, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.