- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Bartender plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender's actions.
- Work as a team with all Paradiso's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Paradiso's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Paradiso's standards.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Learn guests' names, occupations and favorite drinks. This will make Paradiso a special place for them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years bartending experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Advanced knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
Seasonal Italian fare inspired by what is available. We take pride in sourcing local ingredients and providing our customers with warm, heartfelt experiences in the heart of the Lone Star State. We invite you into our neighborhood to share in this celebration.