Professional Development Counselor
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance
Professional Development/FA Counselor – At Nurtur Aveda Institutes we teach more than just skills, we teach passion! DO WHAT YOU LOVE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO!
Nurtur Aveda Institute is a cosmetology and esthiology school and is known for the Aveda Experience we offer for our students, guests and employees alike.
· Our culture consists of having Fun, being a Servant Leader, Team work, Accountability, and creating an environment that is Student and Guest focused.
· We believe in treating ourselves, each other, and the planet with care and respect.
· Developing Future Leaders in the World of Beauty and Wellness.
The Position: We’re looking for a Professional Development/FA Counselor!
· We offer a work environment where you have an impact on every department and every student in the school. Where it’s both nurturing and challenging, in an industry that’s ever-changing. We have fun and every day is filled with excitement and is full of energy. Financing students to help them achieve a lucrative career, coupled with their hard work and the positive culture of Aveda!
o Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world. ~ Horst Rechelbacher
· We also believe learning never ends.
Our Professional Development/FA Counselors were asked what the best parts of the job were, and this is what they answered:
· We’re at the beginning, middle and end of each student’s career & we help students realize their dreams!
· We’re changing someone’s life in a career path that embraces diversity and creativity and in an industry, that is still growing!
· We instill confidence in prospective students and help them achieve financial independence!
· We mentor students through problem solving and tailor solutions to their needs!
· Every day is different and so are the students we serve; we embrace diversity!
· We create Financial Solutions for prospective and current students and guide them through complex Financial Scenarios.
What makes our culture so great?
· We treat ourselves and the planet with respect and care, giving back to the community and to the environment
· We’re socially responsible – servant leaders to both the community & the environment
· We’re authentic; it’s about beauty and wellness – no robots, please!
· We inspire and educate our students, team and guests
· We encourage, innovate and empower each other
· We connect and build relationships with the students and the team
· We are team oriented, so check your ego at the door!
Success in this Role:
· Strong Customer Service, Influencing, Persuasion, and Closing Skills
· Detail Oriented, Thorough, and Ability to convey complex Financial Scenarios
· Excellent Problem-Solving Skills, Willingness to Learn, Numbers & People Person
· Organization & capability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong desire to help students succeed!
· Ability to problem solve and convey solutions with prospective and current students
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Prior Financial Aid experience and or Administration in Post-Secondary Education preferred
If this is the Culture you believe in, then this is the place to apply!