- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Host/Hostess is responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality food and beverage experience possible by providing exceptional host skills to includes courteous telephone skills, proper handling of reservations, and greeting and seating guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival and departure.
- Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes while considering rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seats.
- Provide guests with menus and take orders when necessary.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, or to respond to questions and complaints.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Receive and record guests’ reservations, maintain waiting list, and arranges special events for guests.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staffs, management, serving staffs, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and guests’ concerns are addressed.
- Inspects and ensures that all menu books are clean at all times.
- Interacts with guests to ensure positive dining experience.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
- To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Minimum of one year of experience as host or hostess.
- High school diploma.
- Experience at a four-star style restaurant preferred.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests.)
- Professional writing skills.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Organizational skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing with some walking
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.