PALIHOTEL SAN FRANCISCO | ROOM ATTENDANT
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking a full time/part time room attendant for our Palihotel San Francisco location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An individual who likes being active all day, an independent worker can follow checklists with minimal supervision. Someone is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest in room experience by ensuring the room is clean and comfortable.
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of assigned rooms and public areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times -- and smile!
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket and pillows.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, clock radio, and remote control.
- Set correct time on clock, correct TV channel.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Remove dust, smudges and spills from mini bar; ensure it is plugged in and securely locked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 25 lbs.
- Education: College degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum two years experience within guest reception or a similar position preferred, preferably a luxury hotel setting
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.