LAUNDRY ATTENDANT | DAYS INN HOLLYWOOD
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who likes being active all day and not in an office environment
- An independent worker can follow a task lists with minimal supervision
- An individual who is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest experience by ensuring the property interior and exterior areas are in excellent condition
The Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of public areas, building maintenance and managing the daily linen inventory.
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing and other textile items.
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- Performing minor sewing duties.
- Tracking which items belong to whom.
- Keeping an updated inventory of laundry detergents and sewing kits.
- Tracking maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensuring that the facility remains clean at all times.
- Anticipating and responding to customers' queries, concerns, and complaints.
- Keeping sufficient tokens or change for the washing and drying machines, if required
- Clean rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine in all common areas as needed
- Collects soiled linen
- Received linen supplied
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect trash or soild linen, if required
- Perform duties of housekeeping when necessary
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other collegues
- Must be completely flexible with scheduling and be open to varied schedules every week based on hotel occupancies
- Follow uniform guideline
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by management
- Has a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality
- Strong leadership skills and is able to build a cohesive team to achieve the highest quality of customer service
- Displays a strong hands-on approach
- Thinks critically and objectively
- Guest service oriented
- Strong knowledge of cleaning products
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum of eight hours
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
Education: High school certificate or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.