Paligroup is looking for a Lead Line Cook for Mardi to start immediately.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An individual that has a love of cooking who is looking to gain leadership experience in a professional kitchen and grow in the culinary arts. Someone who is detail and quality oriented.
As a Lead Line Cook you are responsible for leading & assisting the kitchen brigade in the preparation and cooking of produce.
List the key people that this role will interact with:
- Sous Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Executive chef
- Complete preparation of produce as instructed
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule for the kitchen
- Maintaining stock rotation when taking in deliveries and using produce
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc
- Knowledge of the full menu
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team
- To comply with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and food hygiene
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- To escalate maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- Knowledge of the full menu, and able to give a description of all dishes
- All food prepared to specification
- Cleaning completed and recorded
- Stock items used in the correct order
- Ability to describe all dishes on the menu
- All work areas set up ready for other members of the team when you leave them
- Tasks completed in good time
- Food labels and temperature records completed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Demonstrates a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description
- Works effectively with the rest of the team
- Is able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook in a hotel.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification preferred
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an EEO Employer
Mardi restaurant, located within Palihouse West Hollywood, invites you to join us to delight in a festive al fresco dining experience filled with great food, refreshing drinks and a spirited neighborhood atmosphere. Group executive chef, Kris Tominaga's menu is fresh and bountiful. The food embodies the essence of a bespoke home-cooked garden party with a distinctly Californian vibe that is seasonal and light. Large format dishes are designed to be shared with the whole table, passed from end-to-end and hand-to-hand. The house-made cocktail program is evocative of a quintessential California special affair and the wine list carefully curated by our friends at Wally’s wine.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.