- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Spago Maui inside The Four Seasons in Maui, HI is seeking a Pastry Chef to join the team. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in fine dining culinary arts with a passion for hospitality and who thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
***This position is in Maui, HI. Candidate must be open to relocation.***
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group has established our restaurants with the objectives of providing a unique cuisine paired with a special ambiance to create a memorable fine dining experience for our guests. Our restaurants are part of our continuous effort to offer superlative quality and the highest level of gracious and courteous guest service. To perform successfully, our employees must not only have the qualifications and abilities to perform each of the essential functions of the position, but also must continually strive to meet or surpass The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group's objectives and exacting standards.
Job Summary:The Pastry Chef is responsible for supervising the Pastry Department and demonstrates strong leadership qualities with attention to detail. The Pastry Chef is accountable for the quality and consistency of all pastry products produced and served including the efficiency, consistency, associate training and accountability of costs associated with the pastry department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Works directly with Executive Chef on the creation, development and implementation of new desserts and creative menu development of the restaurant
- Supervises the preparation and production of all baked goods
- Prepares specialty baked goods for in-house and catered events
- Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes
- Pair recommended desserts with appropriate wines, cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks etc.
- Records inventory of supplies and orders stock from main storeroom; estimates daily and weekly requirements and replenishes items as appropriate.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Analyzes food costs and determines most cost-effective recipes while maintaining quality
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Provides training and guidance to pastry staff performing related work
- Ensure kitchen equipment is in good condition and meets all requirements
- Directs and/or arranges for the maintenance and care of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials in a manner which promotes efficiency, health, and safety
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Supervisory Responsibilities:Supervises day-to-day activities; provides a “Hands On” approach to training, planning, assigning and delegating work. Encourages elevated performance, leads by example, and disciplines employees for the purpose of improving the Pastry Departments standards of excellence.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Pastry Chef
- Culinary degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years fine dining pastry experience
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Must be able to perform in fast paced environment
- Precise eye for detail
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints
- Ability to analyze supplies costs and develop cost-effective procedures.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.