- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The SOUS CHEF is responsible for assisting the kitchen team in achieving the optimum professional service to guests.
Essential Functions: Must be willing and able to:
Fulfill the function of Executive Chef when the Executive Chef is not on-site or incapacitated
Assist in establishing food preparation and storage protocols
Assist in developing menu items per Chef’s discretion
Maintain high level of food quality
Promote established kitchen culture and positive work environment
Establish and maintain a kitchen schedule and labor reporting protocol
Maintain an open door policy with staff
Create and maintain relationships with all food and maintenance vendors
Establish and maintain cohesive communications with all Managers
Properly learn and utilize POS system
Assist in executing and maintaining administrative duties required for the Culinary Dept.
Assist in inventory protocol and maintenance
Assist in maintaining profitable food and labor costs
Assist in hiring, training, disciplining and firing of all kitchen personnel
Supervise all kitchen staff at all times
Enforce all policies of Echo & Rig
Represent Echo & Rig for off-site promotional and PR events as needed
Maintain a clean and orderly work area to ensure safety
Properly learn to utilize and maintain cooking equipment
Handle a sauté pan and other cooking apparatus
Work on an open flame grill, high powered wok, gas fryers, table steamer, salamanders, hand torches etc.
Work with high sense of urgency
Follow plating instructions as directed
Properly follow recipe formats and food storage protocol
Practice safe and sanitary food handling protocol
Execute food preparation of vegetables, meats and grains etc.
Handle a provided kitchen knife with confidence
Taste and maintain a consistent flavor profile per Chef’s requirements
Work in a high pace and high volume environment
Work in temperature sensitive environments such as walk-ins, freezers, kitchens
Read and write in English in regards to prep lists, invoices, recipes etc.
Assist in the receiving and storage of all food and non-food products
Accountabilities: Must be willing and able to:
Be an active team player
Follow supervisor’s instructions
Perform under more than average stressful conditions
Make appropriate judgment calls under stressful condition
Lead a team of co-workers and effectively delegate appropriate duties to achieve optimum service to guests
Maintain clean and orderly work area throughout shift and leave it ready for the following shift
Acquire and wear appropriate uniform as prescribed in the training manual
Maintain and clean uniform
Maintain a well-manicured appearance and persona that reflects the established image of the restaurant
Read and be accountable for the information in the Echo & Rig employee handbook
Must provide a minimum of 3-years full service restaurant experience or the equivalent.
Must be willing and able to:
Master English language sufficient to communicate effectively
Meet personal schedule requirements punctually
Project a friendly, courteous and pleasant attitude
Get along with co-workers
Provide a clean, well-manicured persona that reflects the established image of the restaurant
Safely transport containers that weigh up to 30 lbs. from any area to the dish washing area
Stand and/or walk for entire shift
Safely transport items to and from the kitchen on a slick and uneven surface
Transport dishes, bus tubs and/or trays from the dish washing area to any table in the restaurant and vise versa
Safely move about in all areas of the restaurant
Accept constructive criticism
Work a variable and flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportion to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Accounting Software, Inventory Software, Database Software, Order Processing Systems, Payroll Systems, Human Resource Systems, Spreadsheet Software, Internet Software, Word Processing Software
- Department of Health certification
- Cooking, knife, and safety skills.