Class C - Courier Van Driver - Part-Time - Days
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in safe and efficient transport of time sensitive materials. The incumbent will make numerous trips transporting a wide range of items to various facilities, ranging in distance. Responsibilities include verifying courier orders, dropping off at appropriate locations, completion of mileage reports, and DOT reports. Drives company van with knowledge of courier driving, to transport and make deliveries. This involves driving in a safe manner, being conscientious, responsible and alert. The applicant must comply with all applicable state and federal regulations, OSHA rules, and bio-security policies governing the farms entered by the driver.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Vehicle inspections to assure safety is being followed.
- Pick-up, Package, and Transport biological products and supplies between facilities, in an organized and timely manner
- Couriers should be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Couriers must be cautious in handling packages and organized, as any disarray in labeling or sorting lab specimens and test results can have dire consequences for farms or offices.
- Bio-security: Observe & follow company policy.
- Employee is required to sit, travel regularly and spend a majority of his/her time in a vehicle.
- Work schedule can vary and assigned by supervisor.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor/management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of principles rules and regulations set forth by DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience, delivery and transport experience a plus.
- Must have an acceptable driving record. No DUI within last 5 years.
- Must be able to understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- Incumbent will be exposed to outdoor weather regularly
- Safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection and work boots.