Deli Clerk/Prep Cook
- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Modern Bread and Bagel & Arba are looking for a dedicated, accountable, and talented Deli Line and Prep Cook. Line/Prep Cooks will be in charge of cooking on the hot line, working the cold prep and prep stations before and during service, and assisting the Executive Chef in any other way.
- 2+ years NYC Restaurant Experience.
- 1+ year Prep Cook experience.
- 1+ year deli experience preferred.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
- Conversational English required.
- Prepares food using established production procedures and systems.
- Cleanliness is paramount. Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.