- $11.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about seafood? Do you want to be part of a dynamic restaurant environment and a California tradition while deepening your knowledge of seafood while sharing information with others? If so, then The Fish Market wants you to join our team as a server in our Del Mar restaurant.
Brief Job Description:
The server must be able to masterfully provide hospitality and maintain a smile and pleasant attitude while representing The Fish Market’s standards of Uncompromised Quality and the Fish Market Philosophy.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assisting guests with making menu choices, answering questions about menu selection and making recommendations in an informative and helpful fashion
- Consistently paying attention to detail, adhering to quality expectations and standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of POS system
- Handling cash and credit card payments
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- Understanding and adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol procedures
- Familiar with opening and closing duties
- 2+ years' of service experience in a high volume, casual dining restaurant
- Ability to learn the complete Fish Market Menu, explain ingredients, and offer suggestions
- ServSafe certified
- California Food Handler’s card
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically up to 30 pounds
- Be capable of standing up to 8 hours a shift
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The Fish Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive pay + tips
50% Discount on meals in The Fish Market
The Fish Market serves only the freshest catches from waters near, far and everywhere in between. Seafood is our passion, freshness is our mission, and quality is our commitment. Founded in 1976 by a sport fisherman, business partner, boat captain and gourmet chef, we pride ourselves on offering our guests Uncompromised Quality and ensuring that our employees are empowered to ensure that every guest experiences what that means. With six restaurants in the state, we’re a California seafood tradition and we’re looking for great employees to join us.
The Fish Market is an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.