Prep & Special Event Cook
- $13.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Wedgewood Weddings on Boulder Creek is hiring for a Prep & Special Event Cook to join our award winning team. We host over 200 weddings a year next to the Boulder Creek in the Boulder Canyon. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, enjoys banquet cooking, and is ready to create the best day of our couples lives while having a ton of fun, working quickly, seeing A+ results, and being a strong team player.
The Wedgewood Banquet Cook executes the food preparation and culinary component of our wedding receptions and special events. Our Banquet Cooks interact with servers and kitchen staff to prepare and present menu items as directed. They assist the chef in food preparation, tracking inventory, and maintaining the facility. This position requires well-honed attention to detail, a drive for success, and pride in taking care of our guests and exceeding their expectations.
Flexible, reliable and self-driven individuals are the highest priority and will go to the front of the line.
Remember, we work when our clients and guests play, so weekend, evening and holiday availability is mandatory.
Wedgewood Banquet Cooks have:
• Solid banquet cooking experience
• A passion for food and hospitality
• Reliable transportation
• The ability to practice safe food handling skills
• A positive attitude and are a pro-active addition to our staff
Responsibilities include (but not be limited to):
· Following all guidelines set forth by Chef
· Maintaining kitchen and work areas to established health department standards
· Preparing all menu items to specifications
· Ensuring quality of product
· Overseeing utility staff during shift
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Discounted meals
- Insurance benefits (for Full Time staff)
- 401k after 1 year, if worked 1000 hours
At Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Centers, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
- Fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
- Devotion to hospitality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy.
Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!