Restaurant General Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are looking for a strong leader to join our restaurant team who is passionate about building teams, developing others, and focused on providing exceptional customer service! If you have previous restaurant management experience, a track record of success, this may be the job for you!
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, performance and development management of employees. The Restaurant General Manager also delivers on revenues, profits, and operational excellence results. The General Manager reports to the District Manager and Director of Operations.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and performance bonuses based on your restaurant’s results.
Join our team and get started with your new career!
- P&L responsibility to include forecasting of sales, controllable profit, and making adjustments as business conditions indicate. Maintains and increases an acceptable level of sales
- Ensures food, service and team quality at all times
- Manages the hiring and developing of restaurant staff, as well as maintaining correct staff scheduling to serve customers
- Manages restaurant cash control by making bank deposits and maintaining an accurate restaurant change fund
- Reports and controls restaurant inventory through established inventory systems. Maintains sufficient stock by ordering, receiving and accounting for all supplies (dry goods, perishables and certain items of equipment)
- Utilizes a preventive maintenance system, ensuring adequate repair of buildings and equipment as needed
- Maintains and submits daily/weekly/period-ending/special reports as requested
- Projects a professional presence in the restaurant community by being active in community and civic projects
- Attends special meetings as scheduled by the Area Manager
- Conducts restaurant meetings at least twice each period for planning, training, and reviewing management procedures and policies, and conducts monthly team meetings with the crew
- Responsible for maintaining all hourly personnel files in accordance with federal, state and local law
- 4+ years in a management or supervisory capacity in a restaurant or in the retail/hospitality industry
- High school diploma or equivalent, with two (2) years of college or equivalent preferred
- Strong math and Windows-based computer literacy
- Reliable transportation
- Flexibility to work 45 – 50 hours per week, rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays and at other locations as needed. Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- This position requires constant standing, bending, and reaching
- Ability to perform tasks in all areas of the restaurant which may include exposure to the cold while working in the cooler/freezer and while maintaining the parking lot and exterior of the restaurants perimeter
Cambridge Franchise Holdings is an Equal Opportunity employer. Consideration for employment is given without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status