- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
We are looking for a dynamic Hostess to work in our restaurant. As a Hostess at V&E Restaurants you will learn a lot and be in a fast-paced environment. Hostess will be responsible for welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- When needed, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guests based on preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers and bussperson as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Spanish.
- Organizational skills
- Stress Management
- Multi-task oriented
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
Marabu by Chef Alberto Cabrera and V&E Restaurants is the newest addition to V&E’s Restaurant line up. With over 30 restaurants in Miami Beach, Las Vegas and Mexico this is the first Chef driven concept and a move into the casual fine dining arena for V&E. Marabu will bring the cuban table alive. A sharing concept in which Chef Cabrera has created a menu that is reflective of the countryside in Cuba. Here marabu charcoal is produced and cooked with, where the table is traditionally filled with “El Guajiros” daily harvest. The food at Marabu will be rooted in Cuba’s countryside and coast with an exploration into worldly flavors. The simplest preparations and the most carefully sourced ingredients will result in a cuisine that is rooted in tradition and executed with precision.
The design of the restaurant will focus on replicating the homes and lifestyle of the early 1900’s aristocrats in Havana, Cuba. An updated version of a classic bar in Havana will anchor the space. The bar will be serving an array of cocktails and punches carefully chosen from the extensive library of the Cuban cocktail culture and procured by our experienced barman. An outdoor pergola reflective of a farm in Cuba will create a lively atmosphere for a night of dining al fresco “entre familia”.