Line Cook/Prep Cook
- $14.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Job Title:Line Cook
Reports to:Executive Chef
Job Summary:Sets up and works line station over breakfast/dinner while preparing for and working Banquet functions.
- Sets up station with necessary items to produce menu items per shift checklist.
- Requisitions any items needed from purchasing agent before end of shift.
- Produces orders for customer.
- Checks banquet and prep sheet for future functions and functions for that night.
- Makes Executive Chef aware of any problems during shift (e.g. “86” items, personnel problems, production problems).
- Maintains kitchen in acceptable sanitary condition and cleans all line equipment per posted sidework schedules.
- Helps out in any area where needed to ensure smooth operation of department.
Job Specifications:Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand/walk for significant periods. Requires ability to communicate orally to kitchen/hotel staff. Requires ability to bend, stoop, reach, stretch. Requires ability to taste and smell cooked foods. Requires ability to whip and stir. Requires ability to lift 20-50 pounds frequently; up to 100 pounds infrequently.
Environmental Conditions:Inside: protection from weather conditions, but may experience varying kitchen temperatures.
Essential Skills:Requires familiarity with applicable franchise standards and procedures. Requires knowledge, skill, and ability in setting up and working dinner line station and in preparing health/sanitation standards and procedures.
Educational/Vocational Preparation:High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Minimum of six months to a year line experience preferred.
Hazards:May include, but not be limited to, cuts from broken glass or kitchen equipment, burns, slipping, tripping. May work under extreme temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour