- $50K - $55K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: This position is concerned with managing the F&B operation of the Restaurant, In-Room dining, and Lobby Lounge as a successful operating center ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and financial viability, all within accordance with Company established standards. This is executed through planning, organizing, communication, training and controlling of the outlets’ operations and costs.
Essential Job Functions:
Overall Operational Duties
• Direct, manage and provide strategic leadership and direction for assigned Food & Beverage outlets including Restaurant, Lobby Lounge, and In Room Dining.
• Maximize revenues, profitability and control costs of the operations.
• Ensure effective operations of applicable food and beverage venues at all times.
• Assist the Restaurant General Manager with hiring and development of the food & beverage personnel.
• Implement, maintain and enforce all company & departmental policies and procedures as well as standards of quality and performance.
• Work with Restaurant General Manager and F&B Director to review monthly performance vs. budget and other goals as applicable.
• Continue to raise the quality of service in the food and beverage outlets.
• Assist with booking and serving all private parties in the restaurant.
• Maintain and ensure proper menus are present in all outlets at all times.
• Ensure state licensing/certification of food and beverage handlers.
• Conduct performance appraisals and counsel/discipline staff as appropriate.
• Maintain Safety and Health regulations.
• Assist in executing the hotel’s property amenities & marketing programs.
• Excellent communication, guest service and team building skills.
• Develop working relationships with other departments to work for the betterment of the hotel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two or more years of F&B management/supervisory experience, preferably in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients
• Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperitifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
• Comprehensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
• Comprehensive knowledge of wine to include varietals, pairings, regions and language.
• Able to read, write and speak in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
• Strong awareness of potential revenue loss and profit sectors.
• Proven leadership ability with successful track record with development of hourly and management staff
• Working knowledge of Micros, Open Table, and Microsoft Office suite.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Restaurant General Manager.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!