- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!, Dental Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Position Summary: This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Culinary School graduate to gain culinary management experience. The Kitchen Manager/Chef is responsible for all food prep, the food line opening procedures, and managing a kitchen team.
- Preps and oversees the preparation of vegetables, cheeses, proteins and lettuce.
- Utilizes the prep oven (including cooking grains, keeping food items to temperature specs, and toasting bread)
- Teaches and holds the kitchen team accountable to following the recipes.
- Follows and trains the kitchen team on how to use the food production schedule.
- Manages an opening (A.M.) kitchen team that is responsible for setting up the opening food item line and prepping all of the food items for the day.
- Responsible for purchasing the food and restaurant supplies for the store
(including but not limited to; all food, paper goods, restaurant equipment, and linens).
- Zones the walk-in coolers for a new JS store and assures everything, in the walk-in, is where it belongs, for an established store.
- Monitors waste and ensures that all food is available at all times.
- Trains and ensures employees use proper weights and scoops to portion and serve ingredients.
- Ensures product is received, stored, and rotated following FIFO method.
- Follows company standards for food production, shelf life, temperature checks, recipes, product quality, and presentation.
- Complies with JS Kitchen Job Aid book.
- Responsible for maintaining restaurant cleanliness.
- Completes responsibilities within established timeframes with a sense of urgency.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- A.A. or B.A./B.S. in a related field
- 1-3 years of Experience as a Cook or Kitchen/Prep Supervisor (Manager) required (Culinary Internships count)
- Mass prep experience and good knife skills required
- Kitchen smallware and equipment knowledge required
- Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection required
- Experience in high volume kitchen preferred
- Impeccable service standards, clean work habits, and attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and delegate tasks, while handling a large volume of work in a timely fashion
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate business needs
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Join our team!
Open House every Wed at 134 W. 37th St (4–5:30pm) for NYC + NJ.
We’re pleased to offer the following benefits:
All teammates receive free meals while they work, medical and dental benefits, gym and fitness studio discounts, wellness programs through 2BenefitU, and much more to support a fun and healthy lifestyle.
Free Gym Membership:
Live that healthy life! We offer FREE gym memberships for teammates who are with us for over a year!
We have strong development and promotion programs with no set waiting period before you can move up. Your career path is up to you- Lettuce us grow your potential!
Get free and healthy meals while working at Just Salad! Get your fill of tasty salads, wraps, market plates, toast boxes, smoothies and more!
We offer flexible hours for our teammates which is perfect for full-time students, busy parents, or someone who wants to start their career in the restaurant business.
Every day is a chance to serve some greens and make some GREEN! Every shift presents the opportunity to make up to 5 bonuses!
We offer pre-tax transit benefits for all NYC Just Salad teammates.
Fun Team Building:
We sponsor seasonal team-building exercises for each store, and annual basketball & soccer tournament, and more
Up to 184 hours of Paid Time-Off for Assistant Restaurant Team Leaders and up. 40 hours of paid sick time can also be accrued for NYC + NJ hourly teammates.