Everything But Quidditch Supplies!!!
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are a small, one-of-a-kind, spiritually oriented shop in Hollywood with 35 years of history, and are now looking for a new member to add to our team. We wear many hats so versatility is a must!
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
Your main responsibilities will be general retail store sales. At the same time, you will answer incoming phone calls, schedule appointments, and greet clients. Your metaphysical and / or spiritual experience and knowledge will prove very useful in guiding clients as they peruse our large inventory of items available.
There will be a good amount of time cleaning and maintaining the overall upkeep and general appearance of the store including setting up displays both general and seasonal. It makes for a very fun shift!
You will restock inventory in the store and you may be required to retrieve inventory from one of our warehouse locations, as well as run errands as needed.
Social media and web site / e-commerce activities need to be monitored and maintained utilizing your creative and technical abilities. (We value good talent!)
Certain computer related work involving simple data entry must be completed with competency and pinpoint accuracy. General office duties including filing are included in the things that will keep you busy.
Please submit a resume along with an introduction so we can get to know you a little better.
• Full-time position, 40 hour work week mid-morning to early evening. Shifts may include some weekends.
• Lots to do, days fly by!
• Autonomy in your tasks, ability to budget your time
• Tons to learn and room to grow
• Stable personal life with long-term employment minded goals and aspirations.
• Effervescent, bright, witty, charming personality to engage general public retail customers, co-workers and management.
• Exceptional customer service sensibility, with ability to communicate well, including good listening skills.
• Well groomed and professional look, suitable for general public presentation.
• Prefer candidates who have some metaphysical knowledge or interest or are spiritually minded in any of one or more traditions. A background in art, yoga, craft or folklore is a plus.
• Solid working knowledge of computers & software, including Quickbooks POS, Microsoft Office, GoDaddy, Etsy & web site back end shopping carts. Less experience but a good attitude and being a quick learner will also be considered.
• Savvy knowledge of social meda, and ability to take photos and post to web site.
• Able to take direction and flexible with routine changes. Is adept at following established organizational systems and guide others to do the same.
• A conscientious self-starter with high integrity, good at problem solving, highly motivated, logical and reliable.
• Punctual. Reliable transportation to work and excellent time management skills required to meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with exceptional ability to multi-task.
• Detail oriented. Keen ability to analyze / compare documents and troubleshoot errors.
• Comfortable working in a tiny space. We have a small shop (not a lot of room), so comfortable working around people.
• A good driver with a clean record. You may occasionally be required to run errands in your own or the company vehicle.
• Physically capable to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crrouch, sit, climb and balance yourself for an entire 8 hour shift (with meal and rest breaks during each shift).
• Physically capable of lifting up to 35 pounds of weight and/or while climbing up to 5 feet up on a ladder.
• General knowledge of all office machines.
• Inventory experience a plus.
• Bilingual abilities are a plus but not required.