Host / Hostess
- $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Baja Cantina opened its doors in September 1975 in a building that was built in the 1940's as apartments to house the men working on the oil wells in the area. The building was used as residences until the early 1960's when it gradually became home to several little businesses.
Baja Cantina was originally a hobby store & flower shop before it was transformed into the Mexican Restaurant that we all know & enjoy today. The early 90's saw Baja expand, absorbing the old location of the Brown Bagger, a breakfast and lunch spot.
Today we are happy to serve the Marina del Rey area. We have spent decades making history here & look forward to spending decades more serving food & drinks with love!
We are looking for a host to join our team who are motivated, enthusiastic and have a great work ethic.
The host focus is on, but not limited to the following:
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
- Greet all guests warmly
- Maintain a clean and organized host area
- Approaches guest and collects information needed to assist with seat and bar arrangements
- Constantly provides guests with accurate information about the restaurant and property as well as entertainment offered in each
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate guest and team members needs when the opportunity arises
- Maintains knowledge of the restaurant floor plan and table numbers, seating the room evenly and consistently per management’s instruction
- Communicates with management, and service staff immediately to rectify any and all guest needs and requests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Dedicated and willing to go above and beyond
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
- Exceptional communication skills and articulation
- Must exhibit a focused attention to detail,while working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to write and speak in a confident manner
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift