- $11.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food stuff for consumption in the restaurant.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, boilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using variety or kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers, to prepare soups, salads, graves, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking, according to personal judgment and experience.
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with a fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meat, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies, sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- May supervise other cooks and kitchen employees.
- May wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- May butcher chickens, fish and shellfish.
- May make bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- May price items on the menu.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
- Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Picture what the finished product will look like.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.