- $40K - $50K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
ABOUT PEACE FIRST
Peace First was founded on a simple idea: if we are going to solve the world’s greatest injustices, we must support this generation of young people with the skills and commitments to solve problems by connecting across lines of difference with compassion, standing up for ideals and others with courage, and creating collaborative change. This is what we call peacemaking.
Currently, there are 1.6 billion young people, ages 13-25, around the world. They care deeply about what’s going on, they have boundless ideas on how to solve injustices and are ready to act yet seldom are they asked by adults what they think or, better yet, supported in bringing their ideas to life. Few have access to tools, mentors, and resources to turn their insights into reality. This is the divide we bridge.
Peace First provides a blended digital design platform where young people can imagine and create powerful innovations to solve real problems in the world. In addition to digital design tools, we provide mentors, connections with young people from over 130 countries, and small start-up grants that start at $250 and scale up to $25,000 as youth scale their work. All of this takes place on the Peace First platform — the world’s largest marketplace for youth-led social change initiatives.
In order for us to achieve our long-term goal of supporting a movement of 2.5 million engaged, compassionate, and creative youth, Peace First is launching a $10 million Global Youth Investment Fund to provide the financial spark to support efforts for social change. It will be the single largest investment in youth social action...ever.
Peace First is seeking an Executive Associate who will support our CEO’s day to day work ranging from organization-wide operations to fundraising and external affairs. Because much of our CEO’s work will be focused on raising the Global Youth Investment Fund, this is an exciting position to join a collaborative and mission-driven team and play an important role in growing Peace First’s impact around the world.
The Executive Associate plays a key support role in ensuring that others have what they need to be successful and that our constituents have a rewarding and meaningful experience. This is a great role for someone looking to gain experience in a social justice, entrepreneurial organization. A high degree of professionalism, customer service, and organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently and with a team. Passion for continuous learning and development is essential. This position reports to the CEO and works closely with many members of the Peace First team, especially the finance and operations as well as the development team.
Key areas of success will include a CEO whose work is effectively project managed and who is prepared for meetings and speaking engagements; efficiently scheduled meetings, travel and other logistics; constituents who feel well-served, respected and cared for in all interactions; timely, accurate recording of relationship management information in Salesforce database; smooth logistics; and effective external communication.
- Serve as a point of contact for the CEO to internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization’s mission to external constituents
- Manage CEO’s calendar; speaking engagements; travel plans
- Track CEO meeting notes and follow up
- Manage CEO-assigned donors and prospects in Salesforce database
- Conduct research to develop and cultivate existing and new relationships with individual donors, foundations, corporations and other strategic partners for CEO’s portfolio
- Support cultivation and stewardship of CEO’s portfolio of donors and partners
- Support Board of Directors meetings
- Prepare collateral for CEO meetings and events
- Support CEO’s work with outsourced financial and human resources firms
- Support other staff in maintaining intranet files and other organization-wide knowledge management
Key Skills and Experience
We understand that there are many paths to acquiring experience and therefore welcome candidates from diverse and nontraditional backgrounds for this role who have demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to carry out the major duties outlined in this job description.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates with:
- At least one year of administrative experience in a professional setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated experience in the ability to communicate with and engage a wide range of audiences
- Superb attention to detail so that there is confidence that one’s work will not need to be double checked for accuracy
- Curiosity about and interest in research: Can quickly uncover facts and are curious to pursue additional information with focus and the ability to draw insights from what is relevant
- Previous work in event planning, managing schedules, travel booking or other comparable roles that demonstrate organizational and project management abilities
- Ability to be flexible in a start-up environment where tasks and projects change quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as prioritize multiple tasks in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in using Salesforce or a comparable database
All members of our team, regardless of role, should have these qualities and experience:
- Commitment to contributing to an overall organizational culture that is inquisitive, youth-centered, caring, and fun
- Belief in and leading with Peace First’s core values of courage, compassion, and collaboration
- Commitment to supporting young people as they change the world for the better through peacemaking
- Capacity to integrate into all functional areas while autonomously leading one’s work
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets Gmail, etc.; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Written and spoken fluency in English, including fluency in colloquial United States English. Candidates must be able to verify that they are authorized to accept employment in the United States.
We actively recruit, retain, and develop a multicultural and dynamic workforce that effectively and efficiently meets the wide spectrum of young people's needs across the globe. We believe that an inclusive and open environment fosters creativity, contributes to the quality of our work, and provides growth opportunities for all employees.
To that end, we are seeking individuals who are excited about fostering this inclusive culture and working in an entrepreneurial environment where there is an immediate opportunity to have tangible impact on organizational direction and achievement. We are a team based around the world who thrive in an environment that embodies and celebrates the following:
- Possession of a deep belief in the ability of young people to create change
- Ability to adapt and apply skills to new and changing scopes of work
- Eagerness for more responsibility and exposure to new challenges
- Motivation to solve problems by taking initiative and trying new ways of doing things
- Enthusiasm for connecting others to our mission and providing them with powerful experiences
- Openness to working with others across diverse perspectives and backgrounds