Executive Chef - Hollywood, CA
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Highlight Room Restaurant is at the apex of the Dream Hotel in Hollywood. It is the newest luxury breakfast, lunch and dinner concept in Hollywood. The luxe outdoor restaurant venue has a rooftop, lounge, pool and grill that is set high above the sky on top of the Dream Hotel.
Check us out at:
We currently seek a talented Executive Chef to join the Culinary Management Team in Hollywood, California.
- Responsible for meeting annual food quality targets within the group.• Responsible for meeting annual food cost budget target
- Responsible for Chef recruitment, performance, promotions and scheduling.
- Oversees culinary operation to ensure that established TAO Group food standards, recipes, and procedures are being followed.
- Develops, maintains and implements training programs that are consistent company wide.
- Oversees the menu development and food program progression, including weekly specials and banquet menu development and approval.
- Acts as culinary liaison for all groups and charters. Creates and maintains these menus as needed and is final sign off on any special menu requests to ensure they still maintain the brand integrity.
- Responsible for all kitchen design input including sourcing of new equipment.
- Oversees new product/vendor relationships with the Director of Purchasing and Chef/Partner.
- Responsible for all BOH spending and funds.
- Leads culinary taskforce assignments as put forward by Chef/Partner.
- Traveling as requested by TAO Group to all Food and Beverage operations.
- Acts as Brand culinary liaison for any potential culinary partnerships, coordinates offsites, MEOS, special parties, and events.
- Manages the Kitchen equipment inventory lists, including budgets per restaurant, expenditure planning, kitchen remodeling, refits and dry docks.
- Leads the Environmental and Health Department in developing and implementing effective training programs, procedures for all food production related employees and areas.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate, direct, and manage every staff member.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Previous Management experience.
- Ability to multi task, work in a fast paced environment.
- Passion and ability to coach, lead and mentor staff.