- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Host/ess/Reservationist is responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality of experience when interacting with their department. This includes courteous telephone skills, proper handling of reservations, and greeting and seating guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a clean, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times.
- Warmly greet all guests upon arrival and departure.
- Operate OpenTable reservation system, its waitlist, and the efficient and timely seating of guests.
- Graciously answer telephone calls and manage a busy phone system, transferring calls when necessary.
- Give accurate information regarding the restaurant, its cuisine and private dining opportunities.
- Communicate with management, dining room and kitchen team to ensure restaurant standards are upheld and guests’ requests are met.
- Collaborate and work as a team with other persons in the Host/Reservation department as well as the entire restaurant.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Act as ambassador for the restaurant to ensure guests’ positive dining experience.
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- To follow all company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Some experience in an up-scale, fast-paced restaurant.
- Florida Food Handlers card (within 30 days of hire).
- High school diploma.
- Six(6) months of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with OpenTable reservation system or similar program.
- General computer skills including but not limited to email, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong guest service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests).
- Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to take directions and be a team player.
- Multi-task oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing, sitting, and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.