Front Office Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Front Office Manager is to support the Front Office by leading the team in executing guest service related responsibilities in order to create an exceptional experience for our guests. This includes providing hospitable service involving all guest interactions, anticipating their needs, solving problems, and coaching and training staff to exceed our guests’ expectations.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the operations of the Front Office department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising and directing the execution of service related tasks to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Create and distributes work schedules adequate for operational needs.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Oversee budget process for the Front Office and control operating and labor expenses.Uses Peak Performance to optimize the guest service experience, while operating within labor budget/occupancy levels.
- Create the guestroom occupancy forecast, manage the departmental budget and participate in P&L meetings when requested.
- Take ownership and solve problems. Provide guidance and support, empowering subordinates to solve problems and resolve guest issues
- Conduct monthly meetings with subordinates to proactively solve problems, respond to questions and create a positive productive work environment
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of a world class property and intuitive service experience.Assist in developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of the Job Coach program
- Conduct Grand Performer coaching and counseling, progressive discipline, 90 day reviews and Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Develop, acknowledge and track guest preferences
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell rooms, amenities and products
- Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data; takes corrective action as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- General Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- < >Property OPS team
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Assistant Front Office Manager
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent – required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Experience with Opera – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus,airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.