Front Desk Agent
- $11.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Attend to guests’ needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering
- Position will require working three evening shifts (3pm-11pm) and two overnight shifts (11pm-7am) per week.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests immediately
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance at all times, including uniform and nametag
- Actively solicit feedback from guests
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information.
- Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous, and friendly
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in taking reservations
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing Check-ins
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing Check-outs
- (If applicable) Operate or assist with shuttle or transportation Service in a timely and courteous manner
- Assist guests with luggage upon their arrival to and departure from the hotel
- Use the names
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel and hotel services
- Handle messages, wake-up calls, mail, and faxes properly
- Assist guests’ with laundry/dry cleaning needs
- Know of incoming VIPs
- Follow all applicable Moonrise Standard Operating Procedures.
Revenue Generations Skills
- Demonstrates proper selling techniques during the reservation and walk-in process
- Aggressively seek and react to opportunities to sell rooms, including re-rents, and last rooms available
- Have complete knowledge of hotel rooms, function space, restaurant (if applicable), other outlets, and services
- Increases revenues by offering customers upgraded rooms and promoting hotel amenities and outlets
- Have full understanding of franchise honors program
- Ensure all customers establish credit upon check-in. Improves timeliness of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures:
- Verifies all information on reservations check-in: name, address, method of payment, etc.
- Retrieves proper name and address verification and proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies accounting
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes
- Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash bank
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift
- Report potential sales contacts to the sales department
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Moonrise rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, at least 8 hours.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Stand for long periods of time - up to 8 hours a day.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests room numbers
After 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401K (with match program)
- Upgrade incentive program
After 6 months of employment
- Sick Time
After 1 year of employment
- Vacation Time (80 Hours)
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We truly feel honored when hospitality professionals look at us closely and consider being a part of our extended "family." We have a fun, focused, driven, culture-oriented team and we always encourage candidates to find out about us before submitting their resume. Joining our team requires that you are 100% guest oriented with a proven ability to wow the guest, while maintaining the culture we operate by. In other words, to succeed with us, you have to love the human race while achieving the goals.
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.