Sushi Cook- Los Angeles
- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
No sushi experience needed! This position does not offer tips.
Overview: A Sushi Cook is responsible for daily preparation work in the department, prepares sushi items for our guests, and maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the sushi bar and equipment in compliance with health department guidelines.
- Knows the proper methods of cutting fish, meat and vegetables.
- Properly makes sushi rice.
- Knows how to handle fish and ingredients for sushi preparation.
- Prepares all types of Japanese cuisine.
- Selects fresh and superior ingredients.
- Continually checks the quality of raw and cooked products.
- Prepares, cooks, and garnishes food.
- Maintains and sharpens knives.
- Keeps sushi station up to sanitation and safety standards.
- Checks temperature of refrigerator and of food.
- Keeps kitchen areas clean.
- Solid attendance and punctuality to the assigned work schedule