- $50K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Cafe Gratitude is hiring a Restaurant Manager for our Newport location.
We're looking someone who is passionate and ready to take responsibility for the performance of the restaurant.
This is a dynamic and exciting position, you'll be working on a variety of tasks, so you'll enjoy the day and never have to worry about being bored.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Reports to, aids and assists General Manager in managing operations of the restaurant.
- Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organizing and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions
- Proven working experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in customer service management
- Proficiency in English
- Computer literacy and familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus opportunities