Entry Level Accounting Clerk
- $14.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Who are we?
The Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort is a 250 room hotel located in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach. As our employee, you will enjoy great benefits, including:
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Plans)
- Free Parking
- Shift Meals
- Vacation Days
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Incentives
- Employee Motivation Programs
- Employee Hotel Discounts (Wyndham Worldwide) and travel discounts
The Position: We’re looking for an Accounting Clerk with a positive attitude that communicates effectively, works well under pressure, and works efficiently with limited supervision. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Duties and responsibilities:
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting the hotel controller with various aspects of the Accounting department functions that include but are not limited to:
- Maintain responsibility for the daily Accounts Receivable credit, billing and collection process.
- Complete collection calls on each appropriate outstanding accounts and maintain collection files on each outstanding issue
- Weekly cash deposits and reconciliations and communicate with supervisor any deviation from established Accounting policies and procedures
- Monthly Food Inventory
- Weekly check logs and reconciliations
- Assistance in Accounts payable with data entry
- Assistance with the condo owner Accounting and data entry
- Various commission inquiries and reconciliations
- Customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner
Job skills and requirements:
The essential job skills are accounting expertise, integrity, confidentiality, research ability, a meticulous approach to work and time management. Additionally but not limited to:
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work additional hours when needed to meet deadlines
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Communicate both verbally and written with all levels of employees and guests in a friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize departmental functions
- Maintain regular proper grooming and personal appearance
- Ability to identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of any and all information. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour