Retail Sales Associate
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
As a Fit Professional, you are a key contributor to our store’s success and our position as the leader for all things running in the thriving Pittsburgh running community. You will be responsible for providing a premium and memorable customer experience. You will be part of a dynamic group that builds and maintains meaningful relationships with customers, vendors, and peers by listening to customer needs, providing personalized solutions, and ultimately, outfitting them with everything they need to get started or keep going. Additionally, you will focus on promoting and growing the apparel and sports bra business. We pride ourselves on putting people first and know that what we do each day does not happen anywhere else. We truly believe that running changes everything.
This position requires evening and weekend hours. Part-time will be scheduled for approximately 20-25 hours/week, full-time will be scheduled for approximately 38 hours/week.
- Work with customers to ensure the proper fit of footwear, apparel and accessories by utilizing our fit process; promote in-store events and training programs.
- Be proactive in learning the details of each shoe, apparel, and accessory line in the store, as well as product fit and function.
- Work one-on-one and as a team to ensure each customer receives a unique customer experience from the sales floor to the cash wrap.
- Build genuine relationships with customers through active listening.
- Determine the customer’s needs and offer suggestions or alternatives.
- Become the apparel expert, lead the selling initiative by example, and motivate staff to sell apparel.
- Work closely with Sports Bra Specialist to promote and grow the sports bra business
- Help to maintain organization, cleanliness, and stock storewide.
- Support all Fleet Feet Pittsburgh initiatives, activities, functions, and events.
- Other duties as required and directed by Fleet Feet Pittsburgh to ensure the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed.
- Proactive learner and sound decision maker.
- Passionate, positive, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Accountable and Adaptable.
- Collaborative and customer-centric.
- Independent drive to meet and exceed sales goals.
- An overall understanding of what sets Fleet Feet apart and why customers come into the store.
- Open availability including evenings and weekends.
- Retail experience required; bra fit experience a plus.
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
Want to join our Team?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-paced, fun and customer-centric environment? Then we want you!
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.