- $15.37 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Hotel Figueroa has welcomed guests to Downtown Los Angeles since 1926 with its historic unconventional purpose and style. Ninety years later and after more than a year of transformation and renovation, we celebrate the reopening of our property in the midst of a rebirth of the Downtown community, set to reopen late spring 2017.
Downtown Los Angeles’ burgeoning city scene is about to experience a culinary renaissance with the launch of two new restaurants and four bars located at the historic Hotel Figueroa, To develop and execute the various food and beverage concepts for the hotel. F&B Management Company APICII (www.apicii.com) has partnered with four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, Executive Chef and Owner of the Tasting Kitchen in Venice Beach, CA., and industry leader in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, the mastermind behind world-famous New York bars Employees Only and Macao Trading Company.
A unique opportunity to be part of our opening team exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain a high level of Integrity, standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
· Have excellent knife skills
· Have knowledge of cooking procedures, safety and sanitation
· Have experience on multiple stations in the kitchen
· Are able to lift 25 lbs or more
· Prepare and execute key components of dishes
· Ensure quality and accuracy of products and dishes
· Support their fellow cooks
· Must possess a genuine passion for hospitality with solid food and beverage knowledge
· Must be calm and able to maintain order under pressure
· Must be a leader
· Must be available to work typical hospitality industry hours (breakfast, late nights, holidays, weekends)
· Must have the ability to multitask with a calm demeanor
· Must be hospitable and able to maintain high levels of service
· Must be conscious of physical presentation and have clean work habits, Must have attention to detail
Downtown, Los Angeles: Hotel Figueroa is privileged to share this city with some of the world’s most dynamic fashion, film, music, art and other creative organizations. Our design pays homage to the hotel's rich history and connection to the city, embracing the blend of business, entertainment and creativity that LA embodies.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
· Competitive compensation $15.37
· Excellent learning environment
Welcome. It’s not just a word. It’s our entire philosophy.
At Hotel Figueroa we believe in hospitality as an art form to be practiced and performed at every opportunity.
Hotel Figueroa was restored to its 1920's Spanish Colonial splendor in 2016. There are 268 room and suites, all designed with comfortable elegance and in-room technology in mind for today's modern traveler. With two destination restaurants by four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, four bars by recognized industry leader and pioneer in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, a grand and expansive lobby, and breathtaking pool area, Hotel Figueroa stands at the center of Downtown LA's vibrant arts scene, attracting locals, foodies, artists, and all manner of creatives as well as the discerning traveler. At the heart of DTLA’s thriving culinary and cultural renaissance, Hotel Figueroa is located across the street from LA Live, the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is in close proximity to the Los Angeles Performing Arts Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad museum.