- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
The bartender is responsible for making, mixing, pouring and/or creating alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to the guests of the bar and restaurant.
- Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions to guests as necessary
- Take guest drink (and sometimes food) orders from guests seated at the bar or from servers
- Input orders into the POS system
- Prepare guests drinks as ordered
- Slice fruit for garnishing drinks
- Clean bar and arrange glasses for an attractive bar display
- Prepare bill and accept payment or refer guest to the appropriate cashier
- Clear or reset bar after each guest leaves
- Thank guests and kindly invite them back for a future drinking/dining experience
- 3+ months of restaurant experience required.
- Have working knowledge of English and Spanish.
- Team-work oriented.
- Be able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, and carry.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be 21 years of age or older.
Marabu by Chef Alberto Cabrera and V&E Restaurants is the newest addition to V&E’s Restaurant line up. With over 30 restaurants in Miami Beach, Las Vegas and Mexico this is the first Chef driven concept and a move into the casual fine dining arena for V&E. Marabu will bring the cuban table alive. A sharing concept in which Chef Cabrera has created a menu that is reflective of the countryside in Cuba. Here marabu charcoal is produced and cooked with, where the table is traditionally filled with “El Guajiros” daily harvest. The food at Marabu will be rooted in Cuba’s countryside and coast with an exploration into worldly flavors. The simplest preparations and the most carefully sourced ingredients will result in a cuisine that is rooted in tradition and executed with precision.
The design of the restaurant will focus on replicating the homes and lifestyle of the early 1900’s aristocrats in Havana, Cuba. An updated version of a classic bar in Havana will anchor the space. The bar will be serving an array of cocktails and punches carefully chosen from the extensive library of the Cuban cocktail culture and procured by our experienced barman. An outdoor pergola reflective of a farm in Cuba will create a lively atmosphere for a night of dining al fresco “entre familia”.