FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Front Desk Supervisor is directly responsible for the operation of the Front Desk and departments in conjunction with all other departments of the Hotel to ensure a positive guest experience. Direct interaction with Valet department. An ability to perform all duties in each department is required. Responds to and resolves any guest issues or emergency situations. Supervises all Front Office staff and delegates tasks as necessary. Promotes, supports and enforces hotel policies, procedures and programs.
- At least 3 years hotel experience.
- Proficiency in the English language, including: written, oral, reading, spelling and grammar. Bi-lingual skills beneficial, but not required.
- Proven supervisor skills: training, delegating, problem solving, follow-up and prioritizing.
- Flexible and reliable in scheduling. Available holidays & weekends.
- Working knowledge of common computer programs. Opera a plus.
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
Experienced in all areas of Front Office department.
Supervise all operational functions of the Front Desk, such as proper billing, report generation, registration and check out. Ensure the successful completion and accurate billing for all departing guests, groups or house accounts.
Support and promote all hotel and company policies, procedures and programs. Respond properly and take a supervisory role in any emergency or safety situation involving the hotel and its guests.
Conduct room and lobby inspections to ensure proper standards of quality, service, cleanliness and control are met.
Consistently maintain a neat, organized and clean workspace.
Train, supervise, develop, motivate, recognize, counsel, and discipline Front Office staff. Lead by example by conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times.
Review for familiarity all arrivals, departures, groups, VIPs, and returning guests. Coordinate room assignments, amenity delivery, special requests, etc. Update Guest information.
Provide general information to guests and patrons regarding hotel services, hours of operation, key personnel, daily activities and special functions. Respond to guest comments effectively and promptly with follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
Effectively communicate and report any guest service, maintenance or housekeeping needs, with Front Desk team, management and Hotel staff using all tools available (conversation, phone, voicemail, e-mail, log book, etc.). Maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum productivity, cooperation, morale and guest service.
Develop and maintain professional relationships with guests, patrons, clients, group contacts and service providers to ensure superior personalized service.
Assist in other areas of hotel as needed.