- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner on the Rooftop Bar.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer to ring orders on a check.
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served, and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don’t hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Other duties as directed.
- Will need to be avialable for evening shifts and weekends.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Estimated percentage of daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job is around 50 lbs.
- 100% -- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- 100% -- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have 1-2 years of serving experience in a high volume restaurant or bar.
- Must be able to make change.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items.
- Licenses, certifications or registrations required for the position:
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card.
- Must be able to provide proof of Hepatitus A vaccinations. If you have not received the vaccation, you will be required to before starting work. This is in occurdance with St. Louis City Ordinance 64004.
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We are a family of people who care about one another. From our guests, to our co-workers, to our community we put people’s needs first. We ASPIRE to help others and improve ourselves by being present, having a positive and respectful attitude, being honest and keeping our word, providing exciting service, and most importantly having fun!
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.