Wedding Venue Operations Manager
- $17.00 - $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Wedgewood Weddings on Boulder Creek is looking for a dynamic addition to our Catering Management Team! We are accepting applications for a Operations Manager.
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Operations Manager position oversees event operations to ensure proper execution. The Operations Manager facilitates the proper execution of the event by overseeing the event staff, effectively communicating with the back of house staff, as well as facilitating and assisting with administrative tasks. As is typical in the hospitality industry, this position requires regular availability to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts, as well as shifts of more than 8 hours and work weeks of more than 40 hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training– participates in and facilitates the proper training of employees to Wedgewood standards. Ensures all employees understand their duties and responsibilities and know how to execute them properly. Conducts on-going training for staff.
- Standards– ensures all staff follows and conforms to all Wedgewood standards including uniform and serving procedures. Ensures all staff, including yourself, takes a full uninterrupted 30-minute break each shift of ≥ 5 hours.
- Banquet Captain– functions as event captain whenever feasible. Acts as manager on duty for all events, deferring to the Regional Manager when present. Ensures proper setup, execution and teardown of the event per the Banquet Event Order (BEO). Delegates tasks among the staff and provides proper instruction to ensure tasks are completed to WW standards.Acts quickly to correct any items or actions that may be wrong as well as any issues that may arise for a guest or employee. For all events, ensures clients are well cared for.
- Communication– keeps proper and consistent communication between the kitchen, the event staff, and the event coordinator. Ensures kitchen staff is always aware of any timing changes to help ensure proper food quality. Event staff is always aware of what is happening during the event and which tasks needs to be completed during that time. Coordinators are aware of any changes or issues that may arise for the set-up of the event.
- Scheduling– completes weekly event staff schedule. Ensures proper staffing levels in accordance with Wedgewood standards. Addresses scheduling conflicts that may arise and adheres to any scheduling restraints of the employees.
- Administration– ensures all tasks are completed to ensure the proper event set-up. This involves attending weekly BEO meetings, ordering all linen and liquor needed for the event, and ensuring event space is properly set-up with tables and chairs and properly cleaned to Wedgewood appearance standards. In absence of Regional Manager may be called upon to perform other administrative duties.
- Supervision– supervises all operating departments with exception of sales. This includes banquet service, culinary, pub operations and maintenance.Responsibilities are, but not limited to, recruitment, interviewing, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance documentation (verbal and written) evaluation (formal and informal), and termination (with appropriate authorization).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Current enrollment in an accredited academic institution or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Hospitality experience required. Candidate must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and the hours required to fulfill the principal duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time (up to 5 hours) without a break.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Remember, we work when our clients and guests play, so weekend, evening and holiday availability is mandatory.
First and foremost, we are looking for candidates with a positive attitude, leadership qualities, and incredible commitment to customer service!
Qualified candidates will:
~ have a passion for weddings, events and the hospitality industry
~ possess a college degree or be a current student in an accredited academic program or have substantial hospitality experience
~ have two years' hospitality experience
~ have strong computer skills~ solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
~ be able to analyze and solve problems while multi-tasking
~ has tremendous interpersonal skills (verbal/written/listening/presentation)
~ possess strong organization and time management skills
~ have the willingness to do "whatever it takes" to get the job done
~ be willing to work a variety of shifts, weekends, evenings and holidays
~ be able to exhibit grace under pressure
~ can relate to a diverse set of team members and clients
~ be able to lift chairs, move tables and participate in the set-up/tear-down of banquets.
Event Captain duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
~Attend weekly BEO meetings
~Set-Up and Clean-Up of all banquets
~Managing vendors and banquet staff to execute perfect weddings and banquets
~Maintain pro-active and constant communication with the Bride/Groom or Event Organizer to ensure fantastic results
~Act as the Manager on Duty in the absence of the management team
~Communicate with a back of house kitchen team to accomplish the same goal
The compensation for this position is hourly with a quarterly bonus plan. Our company culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We offer a competitive compensation package including health, vision, dental and life insurance. We also have a 401k plan with a company match after an initial waiting period.
Would you like to join us? Please apply via Workpop at your earliest convenience. We look forward to learning about you, your experience and your excellence.
At Wedgewood Weddings Boulder Creek, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. This location opened 5 years ago and has quickly become one of the top wedding venues in Colorado & within Wedgewood. We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, having a ton of fun, working quickly, and selling the most events our space can handle...while never compromising on service or the work-life load of our team.
To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
- Fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
- Devotion to hospitality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy. Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!