Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor- health benefits, hotel discounts and more!
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Who are we?
The Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort is a 250 room hotel located in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach. As our employee, you will enjoy great benefits, including:
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Plans)
- Free Parking
- Shift Meals
- Vacation Days
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Incentives
- Employee Motivation Programs
- Employee Hotel Discounts (Wyndham Worldwide) and travel discounts
The Position: We’re looking for Housekeeping Supervisors with a positive attitude that communicate effectively, work well under pressure, and work efficiently with limited supervision. If this sounds like you, apply today!
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
- Inspect Room Attendant’s work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants’ carts are clean and restocked.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
- Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.