- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is to assist in gaining an overall understanding of the swine industry and an understanding of how the company operates within the industry. Interns work approximately 30 hours each week, working in areas of interest or further developing in their career paths. Major duties will vary depending on the intern concentration ranging from business, human resources, accounting, administration, IT, laboratories, quality assurance, and any other intern opportunities that may arise. The Intern program is focused on establishing and building on the fundamental business foundation in the key areas of the swine industry: business management, marketing, personal development, accounting principles, organizational behavior and technology training. Duties associated with the internship will be discussed and tailored to benefit and maximize the intern and his/her understanding of the program.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Ability to multi-task, strong computer skills, excellent teamwork, communication, and record keeping skills.
- Employee will be working the majority of the time in an office setting and a large percentage of time will be spent on using computer equipment for data entry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED, coursework in a related field of study.
- The intern must be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule. Must be capable of following oral instructions or written directions. The employee should be an active listener and learner as well as possess the ability to communicate effectively and clearly.