PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY | BARISTA
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking Baristas for the NEW Palihotel Culver City location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- Hard working self-motivated individual who enjoys offering top notch customer service
- An individual who can rise to the daily challenges of guest expectations
Barista responsibilities include making coffee drinks, educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders.
- Make coffee & tea beverages
- Greet customers as they enter
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the coffee bar area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates, paper and plastic cups, lids, sleeves, etc.
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide legible communication and directions
- Compute basic arithmetic
- Current Servsafe Food Handler Certificate Required
- Flexible schedule – must be available to work a variety of shifts.
- Perform job duties with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize, organize, and follow up
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand guest’s service needs
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Education: High school certificate or equivalent
- Experience: Needs to have a minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY
A 49-room hotel and restaurant/bar that will speak to both the history and majesty of Los Angeles’ cinematic roots and Culver City’s booming, modern-day tech scene. The historic, art-deco inspired façade will be restored and infused with interiors that feel modern and urban with bohemian, French influences throughout. A full-service restaurant, indoor/outdoor bar and private courtyard setting will welcome guests and locals alike. Palihotel Culver City is located at 3927 Van Buren Place and is set to open in Fall 2018.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates three hotels in Los Angeles including Palihouse West Hollywood, Palihotel Melrose, Palihouse Santa Monica. In addition, four new properties are scheduled to open in 2018 and early 2019. The new properties include Palihotel Westwood Village, Palihotel Culver City, Palihouse Miami Beach and Palihotel San Francisco.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.