Cloud Network Engineer (19-02174)
- $90K - $110K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Cloud Network Engineer
Primary Location: Fairfax, VA
Responsible for the design, implementation, deployment, installation, provisioning, troubleshooting, reporting, and oversight of Cloud infrastructure and related Cloud services. Directs the Cloud design and implements configurations to meet program and customer needs. Collaborates with cross functional teams for the deployment and ongoing support of Cloud services to both internal stakeholders and clients. Provides oversight and consultation on various Cloud strategies and serves as a lead on Cloud projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Deploys and provides ongoing support of Cloud storage and back-up infrastructure
- Develops, implements, and oversees policies and procedures to ensure consistent Cloud environment provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance, and data protection.
- Provides capacity planning, performance analysis, and assists with disaster recovery and testing.
- Reviews operational requirements with project teams, management, and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support.
- Evaluates and analyzes systems, performance, issues, and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Develops documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure and Cloud computing operational experience.
- Provides technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception through implementation.
- Proactively reviews logs and trouble tickets to identify reoccurring incidents, issues and potential problems and recommends changes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Resolves complex issues independently; coordinates and communicates changes and issues with the client and team members and determines root cause.
- Provides recommendations on Cloud infrastructure upgrades and supports project integration as required.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of backup and/or storage related standards, policies, processes, system documentation and Disaster Recovery Plans as it relates to Cloud environments.
- Provides leadership for the development of operating procedures and provides guidance on strategic initiatives for the implementation and maintenance of Cloud solutions and processes.
- Open to serve as a technical lead and mentors junior team members on processes and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field.
- Certifications/Licensures: Associate level Cloud certification such as: MCSA Cloud Platform (MS Azure), or
- Professional Cloud Architect (GCP) preferred
- Military Experience: N/A
- Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years of experience working with infrastructures and 3+ years of experience with one or more vendor Cloud platforms.
- Supervise Staff? No
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
- Other Job Specific Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Identity Access Management and Shared Security responsibilities.
Broad application of backup and/or storage principles, theories, and concepts within the Cloud construct.
Hands-on experience supporting enterprise server, backup and/or storage solutions within the Cloud construct.
Enhanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
Broad troubleshooting knowledge to include the areas of storage, backups, server operating systems and networks.
Advanced knowledge of Service Provider and/or Cloud providers.
Experience configuring and troubleshooting F5 is preferred.
Strong Cloud PowerShell and/or command line scripting skills
Documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed environment design, installation, and support documentation.
Outstanding communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills.
Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.