- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
Are you looking to bolster your Accounting career?
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the most influential venture capital firms and the most promising VC-backed startups in the Bay Area?
Would you like the chance to work with multiple clients across various industries including: SaaS, Life science, Biotech and Media?
Are you looking to join a company that supports and encourages professional development?
Are you looking for an organization that allows flexible schedules, and supports their employees to ensure they have a healthy work/life balance?
If so, Kranz & Associates could be for you! We are hiring an Accounting Manager with excellent communication skills to continue our growth.
For over two decades, Kranz & Associates has been the recognized leader in providing superior financial consulting advisory services requested by CEO’s, Boards, CFO’s and the most prominent Venture Capital firms.
This position is a full time and/or part time working as an employee of Kranz & Associates while providing part time consulting services to our clients. The Accounting Manager position working inside our client companies is a hands on position that works very closely with the senior management of our clients. In this capacity you will report to the interim CFO/CEO or other client company staff.
If you are a seasoned professional with excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong experience and skills in the area of Finance & Accounting, we are looking for you.
- Accounts Receivable – Manage the company’s invoicing process to its customers, insure timely billing and collections processing.
- Revenue Recognition –
- Analyze contracts with customers, establish and maintain a process to monitor and report revenue according to GAAP. Insure accuracy and timeliness of reporting revenue
- Manage and reconcile add deferred revenue subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Bookings – Establish a process for monitoring and managing monthly bookings from the various sales sources
- Payroll – Prepare and process payroll for our client companies
- Cash Management – Manage the company’s bank activities, prepare cash burn report, insure accuracy of cash reporting
- Accounts Payable – Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing, and insure timely payments are made.
- Equity Management – Insure the proper recording of all equity activity for both common and preferred stock transactions
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, maintain month end account reconciliations.
- Financial Reporting –
- Manage the month end close process, provide monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow reports in accordance with GAAP
- Establish and maintain a journal entry system that provides proper supporting information for all JE’s made to the accounting records
- Prepare monthly department level reports, coordinate with the various managers a review of their financial information to insure accuracy and spending within plan
- Budgeting and Planning-
- Assist in the preparation of and monitor the company’s actual performance against the current budget and business plan
- Insure that the budgets are entered into the accounting system properly to allow ease of reporting
- Tax filings - Insure timely filing of all regulatory reporting including local, state and federal taxation forms
- Manage the audit process
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills both written and oral
- Detail Oriented
- 3 years plus of previous accounting manager level experience
- BA degree preferably in accounting
- QuickBooks or Peachtree accounting system experience
- Outstanding PC skills with Word and Excel
- Previous experience with Credit Card processing for on line sales
- Previous experience with Sales Force.com
The company recognizes your contributions to our growth and allows you to participate in a comprehensive compensation program which includes PTO, 401K, health benefits and our bonus program (quarterly and annually). We encourage individual development, support continuous training (through various certification courses), provide mentors for your career goals and promote teamwork.