Good Food Guys is a rapidly growing restaurant group that owns and operates Mixt and Split—two highly successful multi-unit fast casual restaurant concepts located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles. As a company, our goal is to serve great food every day. We believe in creating delicious meals that support healthy lifestyles. We want people to find purpose at our company, so we promote from within and nurture our employees to be their best and to grow professionally. We also believe that great ideas and friendships are formed around a delicious meal, that's why we provide free meals for our employees every day. If you are looking for a thriving company that you can grow with, a fun and hardworking team to be a part of, and a brand centered around great tasting and good for you food, Good Food Guys is the right fit for you!
We are looking for an Area Manager with the ability to manage, mentor, and develop store-level managers to ensure efficient operations at the three Mixt restaurants in San Francisco. The Area Manager is responsible for creating and executing plans to elevate each restaurant and the leaders within it. This includes introducing and supporting new initiatives as well as ensuring high standards with respect to existing expectations. The position is located in our downtown San Francisco headquarters, though much time will be spent in the units in the financial district, SOMA, and new opening locations.
- Overall responsibility for the daily operations in applicable units
- Create excellent in-store food execution with consistency and recipe adherence
- Ensure all food safety standards are met
- Proactively identify and implement action plans for areas for operational improvement and build operational capacity
- Participate in developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Lead the area in the implementation of company initiatives by working with the Regional Manager and Director of Operations on action plans and timelines
- Generate area sales growth by developing strategic short and long term marketing plans, ensuring the restaurants consistently deliver a positive guest experience, and executing local restaurant marketing initiatives
- Constantly review area operations and related reports to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
- Accountability for and analysis of P&L results based on company goals, including achieving EBITDA targets with focus on food & labor costs
- Ensure the area follows Good Food Guys operational policies and procedures
- Develop area succession plan by evaluating open opportunities, identifying and assessing internal talent, and developing internal talent into restaurant leaders
- Provide coaching and feedback to restaurant managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with restaurant managers to set personal development goals in order to build their skills and abilities for career progression.
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and restaurant accomplishments
- Challenges and inspires restaurant management team to achieve business results
- Coach restaurant managers in team member recruiting, development, performance management, and retention in order to ensure the restaurant is properly staffed, turnover goals are met and succession planning is in place
- Lead the area with integrity and knowledge that promotes the culture and beliefs of Good Food Guys
- Maintain a professional demeanor & appearance with a positive, can-do attitude
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of effectively managing, mentoring, and developing leaders
- Ability to work through others to ensure excellent operations through proper delegation, performance management, strategic planning, and communication to in-unit managers
- Proficiency in leading others in the delivery of outstanding guest experience, culinary operations, labor scheduling, inventory management, restaurant marketing and restaurant P&L
- Strong time management skills
- Skilled communicator with effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated management of all applicable restaurant regulatory areas, to include employee safety, food safety, HAACP, wage & hour, immigration, etc.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated expertise in hiring and staffing, training and the on-going management of a multi-lingual restaurant staff is required
- Strong delegation experience including; holding others accountable, business planning and communicating across a dispersed group of restaurant managers
- Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
- Previous multi-unit management experience or high volume restaurant management
- PPO Health Insurance Plan (w/ no monthly premiums for the employee!)
- Dental/Vision Plan with minimal contribution
- Incentive program
- Free meals while working
- 401K with company match