Janitor/ Cleaner - After Hours in Poway, CA
- $13.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
WE ARE HIRING – JANITOR/ CLEANER JOB IN POWAY – FULL TIME/ PART TIME.
SD Janitor Inc. is looking to hire new employees for cleaning and janitor services (cleaners, janitors, custodians) at a new location in Poway, California.
We're looking for dependable, trustworthy workers to fill commercial cleaning and janitorial positions. Please fill the application and reply with a list of your previous work experience. Make sure to include a contact phone number.
The ideal candidates will be experienced in a janitorial/ cleaner role focused on building upkeep and cleaning. They will have good physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence is also imperative for this position.
Hours: This position is for after-hours (after 7pm) on weekdays – Monday to Friday as early as 7pm and as late as 1AM (6 hours shifts).
Job Type: Part Time and Independent Contractor (1099’s) accepted
Compensation: $14 Hourly, performance-based compensation and negotiable based on experience (independent contractors based on agreement of performance)
Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
You can submit, email or drop off your application if you are interested. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be capable of manual labor
- Proven working janitorial experience
- Ability to handle heavy equipment
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must speak and understand English
- Must have a good driving record
- No criminal record (background check and drug test is required!)
- Must be hardworking with a positive attitude
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage your time efficiently
The position will be responsible for performing cleaning of designated areas within a specific building(s) in a safe and efficient manner. Specific tasks may not be consistent from day-to-day; therefore, candidate must be flexible and willing to perform the assigned duties.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning general areas, restroom cleaning, wipe mirrors and windows, wash and sanitize toilets, sinks, restock disposables, etc.)
- Perform and document routine inspections and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms and manage inventory
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Undertake custodial and janitorial tasks (including and not limited to taking trash out, cleaning hard to reach areas, lifting heavy items, moving chairs, etc.)
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Secure facility after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
This position may be performed in several environments, including but not limited to: professional offices, warehouses, manufacturing plants, distribution and shipping centers, and other types of facilities. This role routinely uses standard commercial cleaning equipment and supplies, such as vacuums, dust mops, wet mops, carts, etc.
SD Janitor Inc. is known for our expertise, commitment, and value. We truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SD Janitor extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SD Janitor is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
SD Janitor Inc. is a cutting edge janitorial and cleaning solution. We have proudly served the San Diego County area for over 10 years! We provide professional customized solutions for wide array of facilities. We are locally owned and operated.