Washer Sanitizer Laborer
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in washing & sanitizing swine transport trailers under the supervision of yard operator. Team work is a must in this line of work and teams are usually composed of two members. The incumbent is in charge of washing all types of trailers (double deck & triple deck, goose neck), using a high pressure washer. Employee will be inside a 4ft tall trailer (per deck), approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour per trailer. All trailers must meet the company’s cleanliness and bio-security standards. Perform duties related to washing & sanitizing of trailers, cleaning up break room, areas around wash station and cleaning equipment after use are all essential functions of this position.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regular use of a pressure washer, stand and walk inside trailers to ensure optimal cleaning.
- Employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arm, frequently lifting gates.
- Day Shift: 5am until 5pm (Monday), 7am until 5pm (Tuesday – Thursday) & 7am until 3pm (Friday).
- Night Shift: 9PM until 7AM (Monday – Thursday) & 3PM until (Friday).
- The employee will be working a majority of time in the washing decks under varying weather conditions. Moderate/high level of equipment noise is to be expected, exposure to damp and wet conditions, and protective equipment used during tasks include safety glasses, hearing protection, protective mask.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Must be capable of following oral instructions or written directions. The employee should be an active listener and learner as well as possess the ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively.
- Must be able to understand and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation). Ability to teach others how to complete tasks as well as follow strict company bio-security policies.