General Manager Food & Beverage Restaurant Operations
- $65K - $80K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about sales, weddings, events and exceptional guest service? If so, you will want to say "I DO" to Wedgewood Weddings!
Wedgewood Weddings at The Ocotillo Golf Resort is seeking a General Manager.
If you thrive in a non-corporate environment and you are committed to hospitality, Wedgewood will be a comfy fit for you.
Here’s the scoop on our General Manager role:
A Wedgewood General Manager (GM) is responsible for all operational aspects of the property. We look for candidates with strong, proven leadership, a pro-active spirit and a passion for customer service. For Wedgewood , our GM’s abilities to manage the sales teams and drive revenue are far more important than cost controls and administrative work. Candidates should be independent, entrepreneurial problem-solvers with experience and/or education that is reflective of dynamic hospitality leadership. Our GMs are leaders, coaches and mentors that craft and create positive environments for their staff and our clients and guests.
At The Ocotillo Golf Resort, our GM oversees:
- The Sales Office operation and processes
- The 7-day-a-week restaurant operation
- All weddings and banquets
- Any golf course F & B needs (beverage carts, tournament F & B, etc.)
The General Manager leads a dynamic staff including the Chef, Sales Directors, Event Manager, Captain and Coordinators to provide exceptional experiences for our clients and guests.
A bachelor's degree and 7 years of progressive experience in hospitality management is preferred. Candidates with a strong knowledge of a variety of food & beverage operations, including catering (on-site and off-site) will have a flying start!
Qualified candidates must:
- possess knowledge of hospitality, management practices and basic accounting procedures.
- identify as independent and entrepreneurial problem-solvers.
- be genuine, sincere and possess a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- have the ability to work effectively with a diverse grouping of individuals and groups, including the general public,
- be able to supervise and lead the work of others during weddings and special events
- have amazing communication skills
- utilize good organizational skills and be able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- be self-motivated, of the highest integrity and possess excellent time management skills.
- embrace change, including the desire to advance his/her career and relocate to other locations
- be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and the hours required to fulfill the principal duties and responsibilities.
At Wedgewood, our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people who share our brand’s philosophy.
As a member of the Wedgewood management team, you will be given the opportunity to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you run the show.
Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, guest service and individual accountability—and a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer a 401k plan with a company match.
If you feel like you are a qualified candidate and you would like to learn more, please apply via Workpop at your very earliest convenience. We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to learning about you and your experience.
At Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Center, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
• Fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
• Devotion to hospitality
• Excellent attention to detail
• Flawless communication skills
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy.
Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!