- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Arba is looking for a dedicated, accountable, and talented Line Cook. The Line Cook will be in charge of cooking on the hot line, working the cold prep and prep stations, and assisting the Sous Chef in any other way.
2+ years NYC Restaurant Experience
Experience with Israeli/Mediterranian cuisine preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares food using established production procedures and systems.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.