Line Cook / Cocinero de linea
- $16.00 - $19.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Modern Bread & Bagel is looking for a dedicated, accountable, and talented Line Cook to execute our gluten-free, Kosher recipies. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cooking orders on-the-fly, and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to flawless food presentation and warm customer service, which is important for impressing our customers and creating repeat business.
- Prepare basic components of menu item using our proven recipes
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures
- Organize and label all products made.
- Cook food to-order
- Ensure that, all food prep and food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by management
- Customer interaction
- Making coffees (training provided)
- Using the cash register (training provided)
Qualifications and skills:
- 2+ years’ cooking and kitchen administration experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- Strong command of the English language
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.