- $15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Arba is looking for a dedicated, accountable, and talented Line Cook. The Line Cook will be in charge of cooking on the hot line, working the cold prep and prep stations, and assisting the Sous Chef in any other way.
2+ years NYC Restaurant Experience
Experience with Israeli/Mediterranian cuisine preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares food using established production procedures and systems.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.